OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH fridge overhaul. As a part of my semi-minimalist endeavors, I decided to tackle the front of my (rather cluttered) refrigerator. This is how it looked before:
Okay, so maybe my definition of cluttered is a little more OCD than the average person.
Anyway, here’s my solution. 🙂
Playing Card Magnets
Deck of traditional playing cards
Roll of adhesive magnets (these are what I used, but in the future, I will use sheet magnets, as they lay flat better)
Hot glue gun
Step One: Cut out the cards
I chose to only use the illustrations on the face cards, and the icons from each of the four suits. This makes 12 large magnets and 4 button magnets.
Step Two: Add the magnets
I cut out two strips of magnet for each of the large ones. Because the magnets are slightly curved, I hot glued them on for added reinforcement. I decided to make the heart and spade cards facing forward, and the diamond and club cards facing backward.
Then I placed the glued magnets under a heavy book to help them dry flat.
Now my fridge looks like this:
I will be offering this particular project as a set on my Etsy store, of course. 🙂